Step-by-Step Guide: Joining Local Multiplayer Servers in Minecraft 1.9
13th March, 2023
Minecraft's local multiplayer servers offer an exciting opportunity for players to connect and play together in the same network environment. Whether you're hosting a LAN party or playing with friends on the same Wi-Fi network, joining local multiplayer servers in Minecraft 1.9 allows for a seamless and immersive multiplayer experience. In this step-by-step guide, we walk you through the process of joining local multiplayer servers in Minecraft 1.9, enabling you to enjoy the game alongside your friends in a shared world of adventure.
Step 1: Set Up a Local Network:
- Ensure that all players are connected to the same local network, such as a home Wi-Fi network or a LAN party setup.
- Make sure all devices are connected and can communicate with each other on the network.
Step 2: Start Minecraft and Open the Main Menu:
Launch Minecraft 1.9 on your device and wait for the main menu to load.
Step 3: Select "Multiplayer":
From the main menu, select the "Multiplayer" option to access the multiplayer menu.
Step 4: Click "Add Server":
In the multiplayer menu, click the "Add Server" button to add a new server to your server list.
Step 5: Enter Server Details:
- In the "Server Address" field, enter the IP address or hostname of the local multiplayer server you want to join.
- Optionally, you can provide a custom name for the server in the "Server Name" field to easily identify it in your server list.
Step 6: Save the Server Entry:
Click the "Done" button to save the server entry and add it to your server list.
Step 7: Select the Local Multiplayer Server:
Back in the multiplayer menu, select the newly added local multiplayer server from your server list.
Step 8: Join the Server:
Click the "Join Server" button to connect to the local multiplayer server.
Step 9: Start Playing:
- Once connected, you'll be transported to the shared world of the local multiplayer server.
- Coordinate with your friends and embark on exciting adventures together.
Step 10: Enjoy the Local Multiplayer Experience:
- Ensure that all players have the same version of Minecraft installed (in this case, Minecraft 1.9).
- Make sure that the local multiplayer server host has allowed incoming connections through the firewall, if applicable.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues by checking network settings and ensuring devices are connected properly.
Joining local multiplayer servers in Minecraft 1.9 is a straightforward process that enables you to connect and play with friends in a shared world of adventure. By following this step-by-step guide, you can easily set up and join local multiplayer servers, allowing for a seamless and immersive multiplayer experience. So, gather your friends, set up your local network, and embark on exciting cooperative or competitive gameplay in Minecraft 1.9, where the shared world of adventure awaits.